Tuesday 28 August 2007

Only days to go!


The Fibrefest marquee went up yesterday! I was sorry I don't have a digital camera as I would love to share the excitement with you. It is one of the biggest marquee's I have ever seen and it all went up without the aid of ladders! All these many, many months of organisation and it is all about to become real. I really hope the weather is going to be good!

More news - Bridget Strawbridge has kindly agreed to officially open the event on Saturday. This is great news for us as she is known for the television series 'It's not easy being green' and it's good to be able to link fibre and textiles with the eco movement. Support your local fibre producer!

4 comments:

Faerynuff said...

Hi, we're really looking forward to visiting Fibrefest, especially as it is local to us!

Can you let me know how much a family ticket will be for saturday please?

info said...

Hi there,
A family ticket costs £10 for 2 adults and up to three children.
Even more marquee's went up yesterday and the site is looking wonderful and (fingers crossed) I hear the weather forecast is good too!

Priestess~Harper said...

Just wanted to say that it was Officially Brilliant!

posie said...

Missed this years;a friend said it was great.
Have washed 8 fleeces ready for carding and drop spinning.
Want knobbly effect.Any ideas would be greatfully received